Monday 20 July 2015

Farly's Thinking....

I think the problem is that we do not spend enough time walking the talk. We do not understand each tool enough - play, familiarize and make mistakes with it for us to know what we can do with it. We also do not give enough time for us to represent our ideas about each tool or how to use it the way we want to.. so much of the knowledge does not stay nor owned.

How can we creatively do this? When I think deeper, into the context of work that I am doing with teachers, I agree that while we want to cater to individualised spaces for learning, we also want to know what the learning is and about. How can teachers represent what they know in a way that is meaningful for them? How do I empower my learners to acquire knowledge, build it according to how they define it and then continue on it so that they get more out of it than they initially started.

3 comments:

  1. I think one way to promote such behaviour, it is about promoting at tinkering culture and safe environment for play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we can also consider how we can be part of the conversation about learning, connectivity in the social media space. A lot of our insights are kept behind closed learning communities e.g. LPET edutechies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reminded about how we preach about learning needs to be fun and teachers need to learn to play with tech and use them 'playfully- deep'... hahahha ;)

    ReplyDelete